Visit to Discovery Children's Museum in Las Vegas

While on vacation, Frances and I joined my husband on an amazing road trip to Boulder city, Nevada. We stopped at Santa Fe for a few days, then traveled through Arizona's painted desert and petrified forrest. We got to Nevada two days ago and during the conference, Frances and I went to Las Vegas to visit the Discovery Children's Museum. 

It was so much fun for Frances to run around and play. I didn't see any programs for us to follow other than the friendly staff that helped us figure out where to go. What a great place for kids to discover how things work.

As I am getting ready to start my internship at the Amon Carter Museum, I  loved seeing how the children's museum sets up activities for kids to learn--as well as for parents to guide them and learn ourselves as well!

I can't wait to learn more about interpretation research, public programs, and access programs.  Meanwhile I am happy to continue teaching my daughter a culture of art and knowledge as I take her to more museums.


Comments

Popular Posts