Back at the studio: challenges, and goals



I'm happy to be back to regular studio life and begin a new internship this summer. After the Spring of 2018 ended with a clear idea of what I am making, and why I make it. I changed studio spaces, and went on a road trip with my family for almost two weeks. I came back rested and with an inspired mind set.

I am getting used to the new space. I love it but it is still somewhat unfamiliar. The light is wonderful and the view to the kiln yard is beautiful. I started to make a couple of things just to get back in the groove, but my mind is on what I will make for my thesis show.

I decided to finish up making space for new work, write about my internship, and think about my goals and my challenges for the summer. I wrote this post to help me stay accountable for how I will use my time. It has been difficult to manage my time with previous health issues. Furthermore, it is a little challenging to get back into the same studio mindset prior to the break while also doing an internship.

Since I get a fresh start for my last year, I want a "Keep it simple" framework to stay healthy, make work, and go to my internship. My challenge and goal are to keep my studio clutter free and have work/life balance.

Thanks for reading!

 Karla Garcia

Gallery:















Comments

Popular Posts